The Reichmann high pressure belt grinder HBM are being used for processing of difficult to machine materials in general engineering.
- Removal of sprue supernatants
- Components for abrasive wear, e.g. panels for cement mills, notches for buckets, gas turbine blades
- Components of the medical technology world, e.g. joints, implants
- Components for the aircraft industry, e.g. turbine blades
- Components of the aircraft technology, e.g. wheels for turbocharger, “container corners”, etc.
High ablation rates without appreciable thermal influence require the shortest contact times between the casting and the tool.
A highly-motorized drive power combined with a high grinding pressure increases the load on the abrasive grain. The grain does not melt along the cutting edge, but the nib of the grain aborts. At the abort edge new sharp edges occur, which are now responsible for the material removal at the work piece.
The sharp edges cut the work piece material once more with low thermal load. That process runs continuous till the abrasive grain is completely removed. A grinding belt which is used in this way is processed till all abrasive grains are totally removed. Thanks to that, the tool costs can be reduced substantially. In addition the grinding process is significantly better without the risk of thermal influences on the casting.